Read alsoChristine's Ark
The extraordinary story of Christine Townend and an Indian animal shelterChristine Townend is an extraordinary person, who has dedicated her life to helping the most vulnerable creatures in our society – the animals that we rely on for food, labour or just companionship.In the 1970s she founded Animal Liberation in an attempt to prevent…
This volume from Bruce Lee's private notebooks is capped by a selection of Lee's letters that eloquently demonstrate how he incorporated his thought into actions and advice to others. Also included are multiple drafts of select compositions, showing how Lee's thought evolved and was refined over the years and how the ideas he was reading and writing about were reflected in his work and everyday life.
- Gung Fu-reflections on gung fu, psychology in defense and attack, how to choose a martial arts instructor, and Bruce's own view on the martial art
- Philosophy-regarding human understanding, Taoism, Plato, Socrates, and Descartes
- Psychology-three types of philosophy, the top dog and the underdog, the four basic philosophical approaches, and learning
- Poetry-'The Dying Sun,' 'Love is a Friendship Caught on Fire,' 'Once More I Hold You in My Arms,' and 'Parting'
- Jeet Kune DoThe Liberation-toward personal liberation, notes on JKD, true mastery, and an objective evaluation of the combative skill of Bruce Lee, by those who know what it is
- Acting-what exactly is an actor, the art of acting
- Self-knowledge-in search of someone real, self-actualization, and the passionate state of mind
- Letters-'The True Meaning of LifePeace of Mind,' 'Use Your Own Experience and Imagination,' and 'It's All in the State of Mind'