"The whole text is well presented." Reviewed by Jenny May on behalf of Radiography, July 2015
Read alsoNevada's Virginia & Truckee Railroad
The Virginia & Truckee is the most famous short line railroad in American history. Brainchild of William Sharon and the Bank of California, the V&T hauled the silver and gold ore, the cordwood, and the mining timbers that made the 1870s “Big Bonanza” a reality. From the state capital at Carson City, V&T rails stretched 66 miles to Virginia City,…
- Poorly positioned example images appear at the end of procedures to test your knowledge.
- Spotlights concepts boxes highlight the most important information as it appears in the chapters and directs readers to more information on these topics.
- Chapter objectives, key terms, and outlines help in mastering important concepts and information.
- NEW! Expanded sections on pediatric, obesity, and trauma digital radiography provides the most pertinent and up-to-date information needed for clinical success.
- NEW! Reformatted content surrounding procedures includes the following to help you identify correctly and incorrectly positioned patients:
- accurately positioned projection with labeled anatomy
- photograph of an accurately positioned model
- table that provides a detailed one-to-one correlation between the positioning procedures and image analysis guidelines
- discussion, with correlating images, on identifying how the patient, central ray, or image receptor were poorly positioned if the projection does not demonstrate an image analysis guideline
- discussion of topics relating to positioning for patient condition variations and non-routine situations
- photographs of bones and models positioned as indicated to clarify information and demonstrate anatomy alignment when distortion makes it difficult
- practice images of the projection that demonstrate common procedural errors
- NEW! Two-color design helps you read and retain pertinent information.
- NEW! Updated boxed material summarizes important analysis details and provides a quick reference.
- NEW! Highlighted table data offers a new format to aid in the understanding of field size requirements using direct-capture digital radiography.