Effective examination and treatment in physical therapy rely on a solid understanding of the dynamics of the joints and the functions of the surrounding muscles. This concise instructional manual helps readers to not only memorize anatomy but also to truly comprehend the structures and functions of the whole body: the intervertebral disk, the cervical spine, the cranium, the thoracic spine, the thorax, the upper extremities, lumbar spine, pelvis and hip joint, and the lower extremities. Through precise descriptions, efficiently organized chapters, and beautiful illustrations, this book relates functional anatomy to therapy practice. It provides extensive coverage of the palpation of structures and references to pathology throughout.
- Accurate and detailed descriptions of each joint structure in the body, including their vessels and nerves, and their function
- Comprehensive guidance on the palpation of individual structures
- Detailed discussions on the functional aspects of muscles and joint surfaces, and the formation of joints
- Concise tips and references to pathology to assist with everyday practice
- More than 1000 illustrations clearly depicting anatomy and the interconnections between structures